Using the inclusive excellence framework developed by the UW Colleges and UW-Extension task force, the Office of Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion (OEDI) helps facilitate the integration of inclusive excellence within our two institutions. We review disability accommodations requests, provide Title IX coordination, and investigate complaints relating to discrimination and harassment. OEDI also coordinates innovative programs like the Multicultural Awareness Program, and the Summer Affirmative Action Internship Program.
We are supporting a culture where individuals and groups:
- Sustain, adapt, and develop programs that provide students, audiences, and colleagues with the skills, knowledge, and mindset needed to effectively participate in an intercultural and global world
- Intentionally engage in dialogue and ask questions in order to listen and understand others’ perspectives
- Approach interpersonal and intergroup conflict constructively, creatively, and effectively
- Reflect on our own biases and assumptions and are open to changing our perspectives
- Actively recruit, retain, and support a more diverse workforce
The Office of Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion serves as a catalyst for sustainable change through individual and organizational capacity building to provide learning, living, and working environments free of discrimination, harassment, and violence.
Our Strategic Plan
The Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion Action Plan is intended to provide a roadmap to create a diverse, inclusive, and excellent learning and working environment for all students, faculty, staff, participants, community members, and others who partner with UW Colleges and UW-Extension.