Employee Assistance Program
Life Matters Resources
Boosting Staff Morale (Supervisors Only)
This webinar will be held on Tuesday, October 20 from 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm. Registration is free and required. Register here.
From time to time, you might find your staff suffering low morale. Budget cuts, declining profits and layoffs are often the culprits, but reorganizations, canceled projects and extended work schedules can contribute to a poor attitude as well. This session will help managers recognize low morale and offer suggestions to keep employees motivated and engaged. Content includes:
- Signs of low morale
- The cost of low morale
- Causes of low morale
- Tips for improving morale
This webinar will be held on Wednesday, November 4 from 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm. Registration is free and required. Register here.
Create a holiday season that is relaxed, fun and comfortable for you and your family. Learn to cope with the expectations, holiday blues and more. Content includes:
- Holiday planning inventory and tasks
- What kind of holiday do kids want?
- Time and money saving gift tips
- The loss of a loved one and the holidays
- Tips for managing holiday stress
- Holiday action plan
This webinar will be held on Tuesday, November 17 from 3:00 pm - 4:00 pm. Registration is free and required. Register here.
Listening is one of the most important communication skills in the workplace and in our personal lives. Learn more effective ways of communicating – and listening. Content includes:
- Active listening skills that build rapport
- Barriers to effective listening
- Assertive communication
Expressing Anger: Do's and Don'ts
This webinar will be held on Thursday, December 3 from 2:30 pm - 3:30 pm. Registration is free and required. Register here.
Anger in itself is not negative, but how we express it can be. Anger is a normal emotion – just like being happy, sad, scared, etc. What is important about anger is what you do with it. Like we tell kids, “It’s not what you say, but how you say it.” Content includes:
- Forces that can trigger anger
- Negative effects on poor anger management
- Three styles of expressing anger
- Confronting anger and addressing the situation
- Tips on reducing the amount of anger you feel
Art of Conscious Living
This webinar will be held on Thursday, December 17 from 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm. Registration is free and required. Register here.
Many of us are judged in life by how quickly we can get things done. Because of this, it is difficult to develop the mindset of slowing down, getting centered and getting focused. Content includes:
- Control vs. letting go
- The practice of mindfulness
- Conscious breathing
- Gentle stretching
- Guided relaxation
The Stress-Sleep Correlation
View the archived webinar from Wednesday, October 7, 2015.
Sleep is not optional – it is as important as food, water and breathing. Getting better sleep often requires making small changes to our daily routines. Content includes benefits of sleep; effects of sleep deprivation; common causes of poor sleep; and developing healthy sleep habits.
Living to Work or Working to Live: Finding Life Balance
View the archived webinar from Thursday, September 24, 2015.
We need to let go of the desire to achieve a perfect balance between work and family. In most cases, it is impossible and only causes more stress and guilt. However, there are things we can do to bridge the gap that exists between the two. Content includes achieving attainable goals; workplace time management tips; managing transition madness; time savers for the whole family; and tips for stress reduction.
Stress or Success: Thriving in a Chaotic World
View the archived webinar from Tuesday, June 9, 2015.
There is no magical cure for stress. However, this training can offer practical ideas on how to begin working to reduce stress right away as an overall lifestyle change. Content includes causes of stress, the art of resiliency, mindset and attitudes, habits and actions, connections and relationships, and using Life Matters.
View the archived presentation from Tuesday, March 31, 2015.
Identifying what type of thinker you (and those around you) are can lead to quicker problem solving. Learn your thought process as well as:
- Steps in problem solving
- The difference between an immediate and long term problem
- How to develop possible solutions
Adapting to Workplace Change
View the archived presentation from March 3, 2015.
Although change happens in an instant, our adaptation to it can be a slow process during which we go through many transitions. Content includes common reactions to workplace change; the 4-stage transition process and what to expect; and ways to become more adaptable and cope with the stresses of change.
View the archived presentation from January 28, 2015.
A key to being success in both work and life is the ability to make solid decisions, but there are many barriers to this process. Learn to overcome these barriers.
Content includes qualities of effective decision makers; overcoming indecision; the decision making process; self-concept and decision making; and the importance of goals and values when making a decision.
View the archived presentation from December 4, 2014.
Stress in the workplace and at home is unavoidable. In this presentation, we will develop a general understanding of stress and learn ways to manage it. We will discuss the stages, causes, and symptoms of stress as well as tips and techniques for relaxation and self-care.
Crucial Conversations: How to Have a Difficult Conversation
View the archived presentation from October 28, 2014.
Crucial conversations are interpersonal exchanges at work or at home that we dread having but we know we cannot avoid. It’s never easy, but addressing difficult situations with others is an essential part of our success.
Co-Worker Communication: Handling Disagreements at Work
View the archived presentation from September 30, 2014.
Effective communication is essential to building and maintaining important relationships. Good communications skills are central to handling disagreements and resolving conflicts with your co-workers.
Life Matters Services Overview
View the archived presentation from May 20, 2014.
This presentation introduces services available through our new Employee Assistance Program, LifeMatters. View the slides from this presentation.
September 2015 Materials
- Fall 2015 Newsletter (Spanish version)
- The Advisor: Creating Value in the Workplace
- Bring out the Best in Your Life Poster
- Teamwork Poster
August 2015 Materials
- Protect Yourself from Identity Theft (Spanish version)
- Self-Care for Stress (Spanish version)
- Overwhelmed Poster (Spanish version)
- Identity Theft Poster (Spanish version)
- College Search Poster
July 2015 Materials
- Summer 2015 Newsletter (Spanish version)
- The Advisor: Project Management
- LifeMatters Poster
- Single Parenting Poster
June 2015 Materials
- Summer Activities for Children (Spanish version)
- Personal Safety (Spanish version)
- Personal Safety Poster (Spanish version)
- Summer Activities for Children Poster (Spanish version)
- Finding Balance Poster
May 2015 Materials
- Avoiding Gossip at Work (Spanish version)
- Emotional Intelligence (Spanish version)
- Emotional Intelligence Poster (Spanish version)
- The Perils of Gossip (Spanish version)
- Teens and the Internet Poster
April 2015 Materials
- Spring 2015 Newsletter (Spanish version)
- The Advisor: Alcohol and Other Drugs in the Workplace
- LifeMatters Poster
- Children and Divorce Poster
February 2015 Materials
- Multiple Sclerosis (Spanish version)
- Tax Season: How to Make it Less Taxing (Spanish version)
- Taxes and Your Budget Poster (Spanish version)
- Multiple Sclerosis Poster (Spanish version)
- Resources for Autism Poster
January 2015 Materials
- Keep Your Heart Healthy by Managing Stress (Spanish version)
- Overuse of Social Media at Work
- Social Media at Work Poster (Spanish version)
- Stress and Your Heart Poster (Spanish version)
- The Facts About Alzheimer's Poster
December 2014 Materials
- Managing Holiday Stress (Spanish version)
- Learning to Forgive (Spanish version)
- Learning to Forgive Poster (Spanish version)
- Holiday Overload Poster (Spanish version)
- Making Healthy Food Choices Poster
November 2014 Materials
- Family Caregiving (Spanish version)
- Quitting Smoking (Spanish version)
- The Great American Smokeout Poster (Spanish version)
- Family Caregiving Poster
- The Challenge of a Difficult Child
October 2014 Materials
- Fall 2014 Newsletter (Spanish version)
- Promoting Wellness in the Workplace
- Day or Night Poster
- Staying Active as You Age Poster
September 2014 Materials
- Healthy Relationship Flyer (Spanish version)
- Healthy Relationship Poster (Spanish version)
- Leukemia and Lymphoma Flyer (Spanish version)
- Coping with Cancer Poster (Spanish version)
- College Admissions Poster