Internal Audit Department
The mission of the Internal Audit Department is to:
- Provide objective review and analysis to assure that UW Colleges and UW-Extension programs, policies, and practices are conducted in accordance with state law and Board of Regents policy.
- Provide consultation to campuses and departments regarding internal control procedures.
- Review the efficiency & effectiveness with which the campuses and departments have implemented state or federal legislative requirements.
- Conduct research and analysis in other operational areas of interest to the Chancellor (or designee.)
- Coordinate reviews done by the Legislative Audit Bureau, UW System Office of Operations Review and Audit, and other audit agencies.
Organization and Management
An Internal Audit Department Charter ensures access to all University records and employees. The Charter also provides for direct reporting to UW System in certain conflict of interest situations. The internal auditor reports to the Associate Chancellor of Administrative and Fiscal Affairs.